Sereg'wethrin:Quizzes and Poetry

Monday, May 24, 2004

Poem: Immortal

Immortal
Vanyamine
Christmas 2002

With beauty I shimmer
With light I glow

For I am an elf
The people of light

The angels of middle earth
Our beauty illuminates the land

I sing of its ancient beauty
I watch the trees grow

I listen to the tree's sing
I hear them speak

For I am immortal
Unbelievable yes

But I speak only the truth
Immortality is my bane

To love a mortal
Is forbidden to me

Twice an immortal loved a mortal
Twice an immortal died broken hearted

An elf may die two ways
yes an immortal may become mortal

By the blade I may die
By the death of one close to me as well

I was wrong immortality is my bane
Love is destined to be my death

Today I vow never to love
you are my witness

Lord of the Rings based.
All things related to The Lord of the Rings belong to the Tolkien estate.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home