Sereg'wethrin:Quizzes and Poetry

Monday, May 24, 2004

Poem: Inexistent

Inexistent
Imorieri Morwen
April 17th 2004

I tread the path of eternal darkness
I perceive small flickers of light
Hope grows in me
Yet when light is most needed
All becomes pitch black

I think I love
Yet soon after
I see the truth
Love is inexistent
Hope is merely wasted energy

I am alone in this world
I should have understood
'That' years ago
When shall I learn?

My trust is too easily given
I shall try
And shall trust only myself
And no other

Many a time
This I have vowed
I know myself
I shall once again be fooled

Once again
My heart shall shatter
When will I learn!
I am too trusting

I prefer Hate
To love
Hate does not hurt me
But love
Has killed me many a time

Hate
I am used to it
I can bear it

But love!
I flee it like the plague!

But I lie
It was once what I desired
Note the past tense
I have been hurt
One to many times
I shall learn!

My mask
Will no longer be made of porcelain
But of the strongest metal
I will NOT allow my self to be hurt

I shall survive
Friend is merely a WSPAN="2" COLSPAN="1">posted by Wadi at 10:38 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home