Sereg'wethrin:Quizzes and Poetry

Monday, September 06, 2004

Poem: Another Chance

Another Chance
By Johanna
08/27/04

I tried to be nice,
For once.

I gave life,
A second chance.

I tried to,
Not love,

But to like,
For once.

I tried to defend,
Not to accuse,

As I nearly always do,
For once.

For once,
Nay

I always try,
Try to believe.

I'm always saying,
" I'll give nice,

A last chance"
It kills me

It makes me even more bitter
Sometimes I even wonder,

If thats even possible?
I am dying

Why can't I be
the heartless person

I pretend to be?
I try to be hard

But truly
I am fragile

Like glass
Easily broken

I curse myself
As my tears fall

I wish I was heartless
Unpenetrable

Strong
Cruel

Oh, how I long,
For Strength

The weak suffer
Suffering leads to perseverence

Perseverence, Character,
And Character, hope.

Hope makes one strong
Little by little

I will make my weakness,
Into my strength

Once More
I'll give "nice"

Another Chance

A/N The little bit
"Suffering leads to perseverence
Perseverence, character,
And Character, hope."
It's from the Bible, Romans 5: 3 and 4. I think I just might start reading it again. Who Knows? Maybe I'll actually believe God exists? I know there is a God, maybe even several. Perhaps the christian one is the real one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home